- This event has passed.
Cocktails and Connections for Parkinson’s
October 10, 2018 @ 5:30 pm
Trying to stay active with Parkinson’s? Stop by this informal event at Maggiano’s to get materials, contacts, and practical advice to help you and your family, both now and over time.
- When: Wednesday, Oct. 10 from 5:30-7:30
- Where: Maggiano’s on West End Avenue, Nashville, TN
Who should attend?
- Active individuals who have been recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease
- Early onset Parkinson’s patients
- Friends and loved ones of someone recently diagnosed or with early onset
- Symptom-free? There’s no better time to start gathering resources and making contacts!
- Get the tools to help ensure your early years with Parkinson’s are as active as possible.
- Meet others in your shoes – share experiences or simply gather contact info.
- Gather exercise tips, diet information, and other key advice – we’ll have experts in attendance including Kellie Carson (RD LDN CNSC), a dietitian/nutrition coordinator from Vanderbilt Medical Center, and Chrissy Durrough (PT, DPT, NCS), a physical therapist from Vanderbilt Pi Beta Phi Rehabilitation Institute
- Ensure you have the contacts you need in the Nashville Parkinson’s community – nutrition and fitness experts will attend, as well as active early- and mid-stage patients.
The Parkinson’s Community in middle Tennessee is strong – we are fortunate to have amazing resources and experts at our disposal. Please come learn more in this informal, open-house setting!